Premier Technical Services Group Ltd (PTSG) has completed a specialist services contract for Boots the Chemist at its Grade II listed D10 building in Beeston, Nottingham.
Boots’ D10 building was built in 1930-32 to the design of Sir Owen Williams soon after the company moved to the Beeston site. It is considered to be one of the best twentieth century buildings in the county and has also achieved international recognition, becoming a listed building in the 1970s.
The D10 building was notable for its innovative use and development of structural concrete. It used reinforced concrete, the structural frame, as an external material, allowing the design to incorporate unusually large areas of glass. It is the earliest use of such a structural system in a large-scale industrial building in England. The building is huge – 580 feet long and over 70 feet in height. A railway ran through the centre of the factory, enabling raw materials to be delivered and finished products taken away.
A team from PTSG Building Access Specialists Ltd recently refurbished the fire escape to the outside of the building, as shown in the pictures. This is a growing services area for the division, with its engineers carrying out a number of similar projects in Central London as well as in Glasgow.
With 47 regional offices throughout the UK, PTSG’s 2,300+ specialists can easily be mobilised to any specialist services job wherever it happens to be – often at a moment’s notice.