In The News | 20th October 2023 | Latest Facilities Management News

Click here to listen to the latest FM news on Friday 20th October 2023

Welcome to InTheNews – covering all the FM news you may have missed over the week:

Sodexo UK & Ireland has announced its net zero supply chain engagement strategy, and stated that from January 2030 it will only work with suppliers demonstrating tangible progress through published reporting.

Advertisement

The food services and facilities management business was one of the first organisations to have its UK and Ireland net zero 2040 target validated by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi). The organisation has been transparent about its net zero journey and progress, including the fact that just 2% of its emissions sit in Scopes 1 and 2 – in the direct control of Sodexo UK & Ireland. Of the remaining 98% of its total emissions, 34% sit within its supply chain.

While Sodexo is being very clear with its supply partners about expectations, the business is also offering considerable support where these organisations are experiencing challenges, to help them complete the work needed to hit the milestones.

Aoife Wycherley, Head of Supply Chain, Sodexo, UK & Ireland said: “We are so proud of the extensive and diverse supply chain we have built – we genuinely work with some incredible businesses, big and small. Their response to this challenge and to our offer of mentoring and other support has been positive and we feel confident that this roadmap will deliver ever more impactful reductions in emissions.”


OCS announces that it has acquired Accuro, a UK provider of business-critical facilities management services to the education and healthcare sectors. This strategic acquisition marks a significant milestone for OCS, further strengthening its service offering to the public sector in the UK.

The acquisition is OCS’s first since it merged with Atalian Servest’s UK, Ireland and Asia operations following significant investment from private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice earlier in 2023. It represents another significant step toward OCS realising its mission of becoming the world’s premier international facilities service provider and underlines its focus on providing unparalleled facilities services across the UK and beyond.

Daniel Dickson, UK & Ireland CEO of OCS commented: “We are delighted to be announcing this deal which marks a significant milestone for OCS. I have long admired the quality service Accuro offers as well as its commitment to upholding its strong values as a business.”


The correct choice of cabling under the new building safety regime is critical in protecting lives and property, says AEI Cables.

The company is highlighting the crucial part played by electrical safety systems including cabling in the development of higher risk buildings under the new Building Safety Act 2022 which is now in force.

For the construction industry and electrical safety systems, it means an overhaul in existing regulations with clear guidelines on the construction and management of higher risk buildings.

Stuart Dover, general manager of AEI Cables, said: “Ensuring the correct selection of cabling has been made will be a fundamental part of safety in the systems installed into high-risk buildings. We are happy to provide guidance on these issues as the wrong choice could compromise whole systems.”


And finally, Arcus FM has achieved the gold standard in information security management.

Arcus FM has been awarded the ISO 27001:2022 certification after undertaking a comprehensive two-year program to showcase its dedication to information security management.

As a rapidly growing organisation that has technology woven throughout its service model, customer data is handled on a daily basis. With increasingly stringent regulatory requirements such as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and NIS (Network and Information Systems) regulations, undergoing the ISO certification ensures Arcus is going above regulatory minimums to ensure the highest standards of security and assurances that their data is handled in a secure way.

Alan Wright, Chief Technology Officer of Arcus FM, commented: “Achieving certification to ISO 27001 gives our customers confidence that we take information security seriously and are actively focused on, and are investing in, our ISMS and other information security requirements.”


You can find out more on news.fmbusinessdaily.com

image_pdfDownload article

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.