FASET (Fall Arrest Safety Equipment Training) has announced that its Annual General Meeting will take place on Thursday 24th November 2022 in an event that also includes the association’s Annual Awards and Members’ Social Evening.
In 2020, the annual event had to be cancelled due to the Covid pandemic, which made 2021’s AGM and Awards event all the more anticipated – and it didn’t disappoint.
This year’s event will build on the success of 2021 – and with over 100 guests confirmed, will be the biggest event AGM so far. Staying at the same stunning venue – Tewkesbury Park, Lincoln Green Lane, Tewkesbury – the AGM will commence at 10.30am (with registration and coffee from 9.30am). The evening event will begin at 6.30pm with a drinks reception. Around the awards ceremony, guests will enjoy a fantastic social evening, with entertainment from magician Chris Congreave and award-winning comedian Scott Bennett.
As the trade association and training body for the safety netting and temporary safety systems industry, FASET is recognised as the authoritative voice for safe working at height, delivering support through quality guidance, dedicated training and exclusive benefit schemes for its members.
Sponsors of this year’s event are:
- Sunbelt Rentals – sponsors of the AGM
- Genie – a Terex Brand – sponsors of the Awards Dinner
- Nationwide Platforms Ltd – sponsors of Dinner Drinks
- Trad Hire & Sales Ltd – sponsors of Entertainment
- 3 Education – sponsors of the FASET Trainee of the Year Award 2022
- Huck Nets (UK) Ltd – sponsors of the FASET Excellence of Work Award 2022
- IPAF – sponsors of the Health & Safety and/or Training Achievement 2022
- Leon de Oro UK Ltd – sponsors of the FASET Installer of the Year Award 2022
- Visor Nets – sponsors of the Contribution to FASET Award 2022
Already confirmed to speak at the event are:
- Lawyer Bill Dunkerley and Lauren Whittaker, who will be speaking on health and safety law issues.
- Dr James Cadman from Action Sustainability, who will be speaking about arguably the most pressing topic in business: sustainability.
- John Gregory and Simon Protano of Fleet Source, who will be on site to give the low down on running fleet vehicles.
- Simon Taylor, Chief Executive of FM Business Daily and Rail Business Daily, and marketing partner of FASET, who will be talking about maximising the impact of marketing activities in the FM and construction sectors.
- Trevor Oakley from the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) will be there to answer all questions on grant funding, as well as assisting with claims for funding.
- Quentin Emery from Ocaid, who will talk about culture, safety viewed negatively and positively and human nature and human error – and why we do what we do!
Any further speakers will be announced on FASET’s social media accounts: @FASET_UK, linkedin.com/company/faset and facebook.com/faset.org.uk
Awards Dinner, Networking And Entertainment
After commencing with a drinks reception at 6:30pm, guests will be entertained and amazed by magician Chris Congreave (www.chriscongreave.co.uk). Dinner and the annual awards presentation will follow.
Those attending this year’s event will be in great company. In addition to the FASET staff and board members, there will be the opportunity to network with a number of main contractor representatives from the HSE, CSCS, the National Federation of Roofing Contractors and the Homebuilders Federation. At past events, this has been the start of a number of strong and sustainable working relationships.
After the ceremony, award-winning comedian Scott Bennett is sure to bring the house down!
For any further information, please contact email@example.com